Wednesday, June 10, 2009

26

Today marks the 26th anniversary of this crumb's existence. Another year has passed and I am now entering the aft-end of my mid 20's - or as father crumb might say, the back of the front. I'm very comfortable and satisfied by this; aging bothers me not. Aside from the probable physical complications I'm very much looking forward to becoming an old man- a ways to go. The picture above is of a tree that my parents planted when I was born. It too started as a little crumb and is now well on it's way to becoming a mighty timber. If I could talk to this tree I would tell it about all of my adventures and travels in the past 26 years, and I suppose I could listen to it tell me what it's been like being in the same front yard for the past 26 year. I would hope my stories would be more interesting. My one birthday wish is for nature to be as kind to me (and the tree) for the next 26 years as it has been thus far. If you asked me how many years I would like to live my answer would be exactly enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment